Ready to make your home spooky for Halloween?
“Darkness falls across the land
The midnight hour is close at hand
Creatures crawl in search of blood
To terrorize y’all’s neighborhood…”
Alright so hopefully there’s no REAL creatures terrorizing your neighborhood this month, but we thought these Thriller lyrics might get you in the mood. Tis the Halloween season! One of the most fun times of the year for home decorating. Here’s a few ideas to make sure your home look the spookiest in the neighborhood (but doesn’t actually scare anyone off from coming to get a treat of course!)
- Deck out your trees with DIY hanging ghosts.
- Decorate your doors (including garage door)! Make or purchase cute or spooky silhouettes. Check out more tips here! Or turn your front door into a spooky mummy.
- Add some cardboard tombstones to the front yard to give it a real graveyard effect.
- Board up your windows and hang spider webs all over the front of the house to send a message of “enter if you dare!” to any brave souls that try to walk up.
- Make these floating witch hat lanterns for your front porch. Don’t forget to get some old school witches’ brooms to lean on the porch.
Need more unique ideas? There are TONS on Pinterest. Get the whole family involved in the fun decorating and you’re guaranteed to be the talk of the neighborhood this Halloween.